Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Working Hard and Eating Too Much

Sorry I haven't blogged in a while - I have been crazy busy with work and exhausted when I get back to my hotel.  Also, I had no idea that I had such a following!  Thanks for reading!

There isn't much new to tell since my last blog.  Sunday, I went to church, then was pretty lazy the rest of the day.  I did have to go out and see a movie just to get out of the hotel.  Dinner that night was popcorn.

Church was good - one thing nice about being a member of the Church of Christ is that  you have family wherever you go - and this church was no different (I am sure other denominations are the same, but COC is all I have ever known).   I was welcomed with open arms and with disappointment that I was only her temporarily.  For Sunday School, there was only about 10 people and for church, there was about 50.  But it was a nice normal traditional service and we sang oldies but goodies from Hymns of Faith and Praise. 

Did I mention that these people like to eat?  I have had gifts of some sort of food every day -- including a grocery sack full of star fruit (they call them star apples here).  Apparently they grow wild here in most people's yard - and they are HUGE - the size of my hand.  I told them that they are ridiculously expensive on the mainland.  I feel like Andrew Zimmern on Bizarre Food - I have eaten so many things that I have never had before - however, I have NOT eaten any bugs or worms.  But Monday night, I had had all the weird food that I could stand and just stopped and got some good ole KFC.  YUMMY.

Tonight I am going to the Chamorro market, but unfortunately left my camera at the hotel - guess that means that I will have to go back next week.  I will tell you of my adventures there later.

Hope you are all having a good week!

Kristi

No comments: