Sunday, July 18, 2010

If You Want to know the Value of a Shoe, Ask Cinderella

I know I told you that I was going to post more about how I packed for Guam, but here's the deal.  I didn't get a definite yes until FRIDAY.  So I spent Saturday frantically pulling things out of my closet, ironing, rolling them up and putting them in the suitcase.  I am taking one suitcase to Nova Scotia, then Robbie is meeting me in Atlanta with suitcase number 2 to go on to Guam.

I got everything into both suit cases - very proud of myself because I had just a little room left for things to bring home.....until tragedy struck.....I realized that I had not packed ANY shoes yet nor purses!!  What was I going to do?  Robbie didn't see a problem, after all he only wears one pair for work/church and one pair of athletic shoes.  What was I going to do?  Since I will be by myself, I couldn't take another suitcase....

Let's face it - the shoes and purse are an integral part of an outfit - something that men have a difficult time understanding.  You just CANNOT wear black with blue or brown - you will need one of each color - plus i have a cute pair of red shoes that can give an outfit that extra "pop".  Then I need flip flops for the beach.  Plus a good pair of walking shoes.  I feel like I need another pair of black shoes as well because the first ones I packed have little flowers and having a plain pair of black shoes are a must.  Then just some fun sandals for sightseeing.

So, here is what is gong to have to happen this afternoon,  I am going to have to sacrifice some shirts for some shoes.  I closed up my big suitcase last night and it weighed about 100 pounds.  Something is going to have to come out - but I don't know what yet.  Worried about how much that one is going to cost when I check in...

Stayed tuned...I have exactly 24 hours to figure this out!

No comments: