Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Bombs Bursting in Air - A Day in Halifax

I was hoping that once I got to Halifax it would be cool and dry - the temps are ok - but the humidity is here - or maybe it's just sweat.  I walk a little over a mile to work each day.....I leave my hotel room, go to the ground floor to have breakfast - which is always good - its a huge buffet that is usually $18 per person but since our company has three people that practically live at this hotel, we all get it free.  I love Canada because they all remember me here - and I have only been here once before.  Tomorrow they have promised me that Eggs Benedict (my favorite breakfast) will be on the bar just for me :).  They send me on my way with a to go cup of coffee.  On to work...

I go to work in a very round about way - if I took the straight shot, I would have to climb a VERY steep hill.  So from breakfast I go to through a pedway into the hotel mall - Barrington Shoppes - then through another pedway to another mall (as if I planned it that way) Scotia Mall.  I usually have lunch at the Scotia Mall - my favorite restaurant is The Dill Pickle.  Once through that mall, I go up to the 7th floor of the parking garage (elevator) - that's two up escalators and 7 floors in an elevator - I told you it was a steep hill.  I go through another pedway out to the street - cross the street and I am at my building.

I have my own desk that looks out to citadel hill - (above) and every day at exactly noon, they shoot a cannon that shakes the building and makes me jump out of my seat EVERY SINGLE TIME.  My building is the one to the left of the white building at top middle of the picture.

I think I just added a video of the cannon - at least it tells me I did...scroll down to see it.

Yesterday I was here until 6:00 PM ...Halifax is on Atlantic time.  I walked back through the malls (sometimes I take the hill DOWN) put my computer in the hotel and walked to the harbor and had dinner at the Salty Dog - Scallops Au Gratin - was too chicken to ask what the market price was for lobster.

Love you all and miss you all!  Will report back later!

Kristi

No comments: